About Me

I'm adventurous, sincere, and loyal. I am in love. I am deeply spiritual. I find happines in "the little things". I love the sunshine and the rain. I cry when I am sad and when I am happy. This is my blog.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What girls are really saying.

I'm sure you've been in a situation where two girls you know are in the same place. You happen to know that these two girls can't stand each other. They are forced into the same circle at some point and girl 1 turns to girl 2 and says something along the lines of "Wow, you look really pretty today." The other girl looks taken aback but quickly composes herself before responding, with psudo-humility, "Oh, thanks. You do too." Then they ignore each other. Both girls are radiating tension and haughtiness.
Why?
Why are they seeming so keyed up when the conversation was so obviously pleasant?
Why, if they dislike each other so much, did they even compliment each other in the first place?

Because they didn't REALLY say what everyone heard them say. Most girls, even the ones guilty of the above exchange, don't know what was really said, other than sub-consciously. But, if you could hear the undertones of the conversation, and what both girls were sub-consciously thinking, feeling, and trying to convey, it would have sounded something like this:

Girl 1- "I dislike you very much and I'd like you to notice that I look very pretty right now."
Girl 2- "Oh yeah? I dislike you as well, and you don't look as good as you think you do."

Think about it ladies, most of you have been in this situation. Even if you were passing this girl on the stairs or bumped into her at a restaurant. You usually don't speak to her, but a mutual friend was with her or your boyfiend's are buddies or something, so on this occasion an exchange of words was called for.

I would like to think that girls have the ability to be genuinly sweet, kind, forgiving, and sincere. But the sad truth is that even if we do possess these qualities some of our tendancies are vidictive, manipulative, and caddy.

There are plenty of girly double-speak examples out there. I hear them all the time. Occasionally, (although I hate to admit it) they even involve me. Listen for them in the future, you'll be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment