About Me

I'm adventurous, sincere, and loyal. I am in love. I am deeply spiritual. I find happines in "the little things". I love the sunshine and the rain. I cry when I am sad and when I am happy. This is my blog.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Career Path

I only have one week left of my current job. For the next week I am the 4-H Summer Science Camp Director. I really love little kids. But I have discovered that I am not cut out for 15-20 of them at the same time. I could never be an elementary school teacher. It's good that I know this because I was considering going into elementary education for a while there.
Lately, I have been thinking about a career in a service organization. I love World Vision and some others. I think I would love to be a fundraising or volunteer coordinator for an international service organization.
My new job is working for the Boy's and Girl's club here in Price. Training starts on the 16th. It's a Vista position so I get a scholarship when I've finished out the year. I will be working directly with the kids but I will also be managimg a grant. This is very exciting to me because if I don't absolutely hate it, it will open up all kinds of possiblities in the world of service organizations :).
I am super excited for the Pre service orientation training and for this job to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment